AST Sisterhood Retreat 2013!

This past Sunday the sisters of AST went to Camp Horizons for a sisterhood retreat! As one of the biggest AST chapters nationwide, the Psi chapter prides themselves on still being able to make a big organization feel small and cozy by making sure sisters know each other and the new members they bring in each year. The stars aligned perfectly. It was a beautiful sunny day instead of the early winter we had been experiencing, giving Membership Development chair Elissa Edwards, one less thing to stress over. ;)

ASTs at Camp Horizon!

With such a big event to plan, Elissa could not have found a better organization to help us with bonding. When we got there, Camp Horizon’s wonderful staff gave us a warm welcome and had some hilarious big group activities waiting for us. The staff was awesome and their positive attitude was definitely contagious and kept everyone upbeat throughout the activities. The "Huggie-Bear game" was definitely among the funniest things we all did that day, LOL. 

“The retreat was a really fun way to bond with my sisters and it gave me a chance to meet some of the girls that I hadn't gotten a chance to meet yet!” –-Emily Trenning, Alpha Pi.

“My favorite part of the retreat was being able to get to know a bunch of the new members. It's great to meet the future of our chapter, especially being about to leave as a fourth year!” –-Megan Kerns, Alpha Nu.

After the big group fun, we were numbered off and divided into 9 different groups, and each got placed in a station for a few minutes and then rotated to the other rotations with our groups. All the activities were tailored to foster team bonding and trust, but they were still light hearted and fun to do. The instructors definitely had fun watching sisters work together to figure out a way to get through the different activities together...what can we say, we're all naturally funny! 

 I really liked getting to break off into smaller groups which helped me get to know some of my future sisters better.”—Stewart Etheridge, Alpha Pi.

“I’m really glad I got to get to know some of the new members better on the retreat. Although a lot of the activities were competitive, they helped me get closer to my sisters!” -–Becca Malzahn, Alpha Omicron.


Becca and Stewart with their small group, Fab Team 4!


If you know Elissa, you know that Membership Development is the perfect position for her. She not only embodies the ideals of Alpha Sigma Tau, but she spreads laughter and fun everywhere she goes! We’ve had a great year of sisterhood events thanks to her, and this retreat was a great mid-semester "pick-me-up" for all the sisters!

“I really enjoyed planning the retreat! I love seeing other chapter members get as excited about bonding as I am. I know that personally I had a lot of fun at Camp Horizons and I hope that everyone else did too!”--Elissa Edwards, Alpha Nu.


After all the hard work that went into coordinating this retreat, the Psi chapter would like to extend Elissa a big thank you! The chapter could not be more grateful to have had such a wonderful time, and we hope that we can continue to partner with Camp Horizons to help us make our sisterhood bonds even tighter!

Comments

  1. Had sooo much fun at our sisterhood retreat! It was so great to be able to hangout with all my sisters outside of JMU! Thanks Elissa for organizing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of fun at the retreat...next year we should do a sleepover in the cabins!!!!! Thanks Elissa!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elissa did an amazing job planning the retreat and her hard work and dedication really paid off! I definitely feel like I was re-energized to complete the rest of the semester and got to know some of the Alpha Pi's even better! Who knew Emily Muse had such speed-walking talent? (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was such a nice day and I really felt like I got to know some of the newer sisters better since it can be really stressful trying to organize times between classes to meet. This was a perfect way to get to know people better! Thanks Elissa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you SO much for planning such a fun event Elissa! It was a beautiful day with the most beautiful girls! I had so much fun! Shout out to Banner Gray for leading me through a blindfolded trust walk without getting me killed! I loved spending the day with all of my sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elissa and everyone that helped with the event coordinations! I had a great time with all you girls and this past Sunday made me even more excited for November 9th when I can finally say I'm a sister and officially enter this beautiful family! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OW OW FAB FOUR IS LOOKING GOOOOD! Thank you to Elissa for setting all of this up! It was well organized and great weather to hang out and get to know my sisters better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely helped with getting to know the newer members of the chapter! and the weather was perfect. Great job Elissa!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sad I couldn't attend the retreat, but I loved reading this post and seeing how much fun it was for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for organizing such a great retreat Elissa! It was a nice change of scenery too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment