Senior Shout Outs!! (part 1)


Dear seniors, 
at the end of each month, we would like to take a moment to recognize all that you've done for the sorority. We hope that reading your shout out will brighten your day! We are reluctant to let you go, but we know that you'll be just fine in the real world ;)
Thank you for all the time you put into our chapter, and best of luck! 


Vicky <3
Vicky Allison (Alpha Xi)

Vicky’s time in AST has been brief, but she has surely left her mark on the sisterhood. On top of being a Health Science major, Vicky is actively involved in many JMU organizations. She was a 1787 August Orientation Coordinator in 2012 and an ANT (Assisting New Transfers) in 2011. Needless to say, Vicky definitely puts the Active in Active, Self-reliant, Trustworthy! How Vicky manages it all will forever be an impressive mystery ;) 

“Little! I’ve had the best last two years with you, I can’t believe you are leaving! You are going to have an amazing time after graduation, and I am so so so so so proud of you! You better come visit me all the time next year; JMU won’t be the same without you! Love you!” Veronica B.

“Not only is Vicky an absolute blast to hang out with, but also she has contributed immensely to our campus as a 1787 orientation coordinator and is one of the most caring women I know. I am proud to call her my sister and I’m going to miss her so much!” Jen P.



Katie <3
Katie Duquette (Alpha Mu)

If anyone is sweet like sugar, it’s Katie. Her work ethic is simply unparalleled. She is a honors student majoring in Business/Pre-Law, and has recently gotten into Villanova Law. Every year Katie successfully manages to motivate her sisters into participating in Relay for Life, which is always a blAST. ;) She is really passionate about the cause, and is always an inspiration to all!

“Kate is such a kind-hearted and sweet person. Her passion for others is shown through her hard work as an exec member of Relay for Life at JMU." Lauren C.

“Katie is my gbig and an awesome role model for me. She exemplifies how hard work pays off because she recently got into grad school and is a leader on the relay for life committee” Kiara M.



Becky <3
Becky Epstein (Alpha Nu)

It's fair to say that Becky danced her way into our hearts. This Dance major has moved her way up from Greek Sing Dance Shadow, all the way to Co-Head of Greek Sing Dance during her time in AST. She has also contributed to the sorority as co-head of the Sisterhood committee, and helped create and shape the position of Sisterhood Development Chair during her term in 2012. Becky's devotion to our sisterhood has definitely NOT gone unnoticed, and neither has her great sense of style :)

“Becky has openly welcomed me into her family this year. She is kind, hardworking, easy to talk to and super fun to be around. I am so sad I only got one year to get to know Becky but I know that she will be my sister and gbig for life. I love you Becky!!” Olivia D.

“I’ve worked with Becky on greek sing dance for the past two years and we worked really well together. She challenges me to be a better dancer!” Rachel D.



Liz <3
Liz Moody (Alpha Mu)

Liz is probably one of the funniest girls in our chapter. No matter what the situation is, Liz can make you LOL. Liz is a Psychology major, and is currently looking into Law Schools. During her time in AST she has served as Chaplain in 2011 and Panhellenic Delegate in 2012. Her friendliness and genuine affection for everyone really helped her thrive as a leader. Liz's latest contribution to the sorority is her management of the AST Pinterest page (which, P.S, is awesome)!


“Liz was my turtle when I first got into AST and she knew how to make me feel comfortable right away. She's so carefree and loving. She cares about everyone in this sorority. When we get new members she always is so excited to meet everyone and truly get to know them. She works hard in school life and within the sorority and her efforts show through in every aspect! Love her so much!” Katie A.

“Liz is a fun, spontaneous, and smart member and leader in our chapter! We've been so lucky to have her and look up to her!” Gabby G.

Emma <3
 Emma Moredock (Alpha Mu)

Pre-Dental student, Emma, with her picture perfect smile has made us extremely proud! Her contribution to not only AST but to all the Panhellenic community will always be remembered. She served as AST Secretary 2010, Panhellenic VP Recruitment Elect 2011, and Panhellenic VP Recruitment 2012. During her time as VP Recruitment she implemented a values based recruitment, which had never been done before at JMU. She received the Fraternity and Sorority Life Award of Outstanding Contributions to Council for all her dedication. We have no doubts that Emma will succeed in no matter where life takes her :)

“I’m so proud Emma is my big! She always been a role model to me and it’s wonderful that she is able to be to the Greek community too!” Alexa J.

“I have known Emma the entire time I have been a part of the JMU Greek community and have watched firsthand the amazing impact she has made on our community. She is such a strong influential leader and I am grateful to have someone like Emma to look up to. Her involvement with Panhellenic recruitment challenged each and every person to think critically and mindfully of the kind of members we wanted to invite into our organizations” Sarah K.


Courtney <3
Courtney Walker (Alpha Mu)

Business major Courtney ALWAYS has a smile on her face (which is impressive since COB classes are notorious for being able to ruin anyone’s mood). She served as AST’s Publicity Chair in 2011, and was dubbed “Super Pledge” during her new member process. Courtney is an amazing dancer and has participated in Greek Sing Dance for AST since her freshman year. 

“Courtney is light hearted, fun loving, and easy to be around! :)” Hillary H

“I was intimidated we had the same name, then I saw how amazing and awesome she is through our “love of calc” aka mad “love” for our crazy bike professor. She embodies what AST is all about!” Courtney V.



Aren't our seniors awesome? Can't wait to recognize 6 more seniors next month! Stay tuned :)
Happy Tau Tuesday!




Comments

  1. Love you seniors!! Especially my one and only turtle Liz Moody!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the senior dedication, it was so sweet =)
    I'm going to miss all of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the seniors so much and will miss them next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome way to recognize our seniors! They have done so much for our chapter and we will miss them all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all of our seniors and will be sad to see them graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading about all the amazing things our seniors have contributed, proud to be an AST : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of our seniors and this is a great way to showcase them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love reading about our senior sisters!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading about all our seniors! This is such a great way to highlight all they have done for our chapter. I am especially grateful because Becky is my GBig. I am so proud to be a part of Alpha Sigma Tau!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great way to shine the spotlight on our seniors! So much AST love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. waah you girls are not allowed to leave us!! love our seniors so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aweeee I love that we recognize our seniors! I think this should definitely be continued throughout the years!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cannot say enough about these amazing women! I am so proud of all you have accomplished and so thankful to call you my sisters. Thank you for everything you have helped me with already!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think it's safe to say that these ladies are an inspiration to all of us. They have contributed so much to the Greek community and I'm proud to call them my sisters<3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm going to miss these girls so much when they graduate!!!! They are who I think of when I think "AST". Love ya biggie ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I feel so privileged to call these girls my sisters! All of these wonderful seniors are such an amazing representation of AST and an inspiration to many, including myself! Love you ladies and will miss you dearly when you graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so sad, they can't be leaving us yet :((((((((

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is bittersweet, reading about all our seniors' accomplishments and knowing how great they are but knowing they have to leave this year. I am going to miss all of these girls very much and am happy to have gotten to know each and every one of them through sisterhood events and activities. Good luck to all my seniors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment