AST Fall at a Glance!

For everyone fall means: boots, sweaters, football, tailgates, leaves changing and falling, everything pumpkin themed or flavored. For a sorority girl, especially an AST, fall semester means: recruitment, new members, and sisterhood events!!

This year Recruitment Chair Laura Knopp and Assistant Recruitment Chair Estelle Mitchell put up a great recruitment for AST and helped our chapter recruit 72 cutie-PIs! We’re so proud of them and we are so excited to get to know the Alpha Pi class!


Alpha Pis at Bid Cel!

Bid Cel was an awesome time for AST. Not only we were excited to meet all the Alpha Pis, but we were also so excited to welcome our Panhel and Rho Gamma sisters that contributed to making sure all PNMs had a wonderful recruitment! We are so proud of Jenny Schmit, Bree Eliades, Sam Mermer, Rachel Petri and Kathryn Peterson for taking on such important leadership positions during recruitment.

“It was awesome to see us unite and wear the same letters to Bid Cel. It was awesome super exciting to meet all our new sisters!”—Megha Pandit

“Bid Cel was so much fun! It was the loudest I screamed during all of recruitment, haha!” –Leila Miran

Some sisters at Festival Lawn ready for Bid Cel!
Soon after Bid Cel, the new members accompanied their New Member Educator Rachel Degraba and Assistant New Member Educator Sam Wright to Camp Horizons for a fun bonding retreat with their new member class! They played ice breakers, ate s’mores and sat around the campfire.

“I thought this was an amazing idea! I came into AST not really knowing any of the girls and the new member retreat gave me an opportunity to meet a lot of the girls and to, at least, begin to recognize faces! We had a ton of fun, Rachel was awesome and kept us energized, and I bonded with a ton of girls in my pledge class!”—Carter Blevins, Alpha Pi

“I had so much fun meeting everyone and just hanging out and bonding with the girls I now call sisters! It was a great way to be welcomed into the sisterhood!”—Emily Trenning, Alpha Pi

"Spending the night at Camp Horizons was great bonding time with my new Alpha Pi sisters and pledge mama! I really enjoyed getting to know the sisters while making s'mores and sitting around the camp fire learning AST chants."--Maggie Ryan, Alpha Pi

September has already been very eventful for our chapter! But this semester has a lot more in store for us, one of the biggies being Big/Little Week and New Member Initiation!

“I’m REALLY excited to get a little and spoil her all the time!!” –Kaitlyn Pratt, Alpha Omicron


This semester AST will also attend some fun sisterhood dinners, go to the Safari Dri-Thru, play with kitties at Cat’s Cradle to de-stress from midterms and much, much more. We will make another appearance at Camp Horizons in October to have a chapter-wide sisterhood retreat that should be for sure leave us all with everlASTing memories! It’s shaping up to be a great semester, and we cannot wait to see what’s in store!

Comments

  1. I thought getting a Bid to AST last year was the best night of my life until I got to experience what it was like to welcome so many BEAUTIFUL new girls into our chapter! So excited for them to experience all that Psi has to offer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's because this is my last year here, and I get sentimental, but this fall's recruitment AND Bid Cel seemed to be the best one yet! I love the new Pi's and have confidence in them to carry on our tradition : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was my first year being on the other side of recruitment and bid cel and I LOVED it! I am so happy to welcome so many amazing girls into the chapter and cannot wait to get to know them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bidcel was so fun! I can't wait to meet all of the Pi's. I also can't wait to have a G-Little (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited to be back at JMU for an amazing semester and senior year with all of my sisters, both new and old!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy to welcome so many new beautiful new young women into our chapter!! Thanks Laura and Estelle for a GREAT recruitment!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a new Alpha Pi member and I am already obsessed with AST! I love all the sisters I have met and can't wait to meet the rest soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to welcome all of the new baby Pi's to our sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So excited to be in AST!!! Can't wait to get to know everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a alpha pi member and I'm so happy to be a part of AST!! All of the sister I've met so far have been awesome! I can't wait to meet everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cannot wait to meet all of my new sisters! I couldn't be happier at anywhere other than AST:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment