What does AST mean to you?


It’s three letters that embody something that's nearly impossible to put into words. Being in a sorority means something different, but special, to all of our sisters. Get ready for a heartfelt post about what AST means to some of us in the Psi Chapter.


Casey, Alex, Elka, Kara, Allison, Emma, and Allison apple picking in Charlottesville
“To me, AST means endless opportunities and some of the best friends I've made at JMU so far. Joining AST at the beginning of fall semester was the best decision I've made since coming here, and I can't imagine how I would have gone through the fall without my sisters. AST has given me the best big and family I could ask for, never-ending group chats, and the chance to meet some of the most inspirational, caring, and beautiful women on campus.”
-Emma Bleznak, Pi pledge class

AST has given me a place where I can not only be myself, but a place where there are 200 other people just like me.  Coming from being an only child at home, having sisters who I know will be there for me is something so refreshing and comforting. Since I first started seeing sorority pictures posted on Facebook as a high schooler, I've always known that I wanted to join one, and I know I made the right choice with AST. I have already made so many friends that I know will last me through college and beyond. I wouldn't have it any other way.” 
-Alana Pollack, Pi

Brittany and Heather having a fun time at bid-cel 
“To me AST means my best friends, my favorite memories, my shoulders to cry on and the best support system I've ever had. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing group of sisters to help me be the best person I can be” 
-Heather Rucker, Omicron

“With just being in the sorority for a year and a half, AST has been such a rewarding experience for me. Alpha Sigma Tau, to me, means having women become your best friends and your second family who are always there to support you, encourage you, and be there for you during the toughest times.” 
-Kara Camuso, Omicron

“JMU equals AST for me. When I think of my favorite experiences and best friends AST is what first comes to mind. Friendships between AST sisters are truly unique from any other. I am so grateful for my sisters! The values that the sorority holds are very close to my heart and have guided me to become a better student.”
-Caitlin Foley, Xi

“For me, AST means laughter, life-long friendships, and support. I don't know what I would do without the people, the memories, and the confidence that AST has given me.” 
-Estelle Mitchell, Xi

“AST means family to me. Inside this organization I have found my future bridesmaids, my best friends, my soul mates. I couldn't imagine being apart of anything else.”
-Alyssa Ogrysko, Xi

“To me AST means good times, amazing opportunities, a chance to grow and make lifelong friends.”
- Alexa Johnson, Nu
Christie, Alexa, Emma, and Erin together at homecoming!

“AST has meant so many things to me over the past few years, but most of all it's meant opportunity. I've had the opportunity to meet new people from all walks of life, take on leadership positions I never thought I could handle, make unforgettable memories and learn so much.”
-Jenny Schmit, Nu

“AST is about friendship, sincerity, fun loving, non-judgmental bonds… It’s an organization that puts people in your life who redefine the meaning if what a best friend is”
-Erin Cummings, Alpha Lambda

What does AST mean to you?

Comments

  1. I love this idea for a blog post!!!! Even though I already answered, reading everyone's definitions now gives me goosebumps. : ) (Also loving the pic of my Fish Family at Homecoming!!! what what.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment