Spring Break Has (Almost) Sprung


It's almost that time again. The Psi Chapter has worked really hard this semester, which means we are all looking forward to our (much deserved) spring break! Whether we’re traveling somewhere warm or enjoying some family time, we could all use a vacation from schoolwork and the snow. Here’s what some of our sisters are looking forward to to get them through this week! 


Kelly Gunn making an advertisement for
Alternative Spring Break Leaders


"I'm spending my spring break leading an Alternative Spring Break to West Milford, New Jersey with 10 JMU participants. We will be volunteering with the agency Camp Vacamas, and we will be helping rebuild the summer camp during the morning and working at an after school center in the Bronx during the afternoon. I'm really excited to spend my spring break making a difference, and learning how to drive a 10 passenger van!" -Kelly Gunn



"I'm looking forward to relaxing at home after tons of midterm exams. I haven't seen my mom or sister in so long so I can't wait to catch up and spend time with them. I also have a bunch of friends from different schools who share the same break, and I'm super pumped to see them too! I'm hoping the snow will melt away and the sun will come out so I could maybe go to DC or Georgetown and spend the day!" -Nicole Malthaner


Kelly T., Alliey, Lauren, and Cate on spring break in 2013

"This spring break I am going to Key West, Florida with a few sisters and friends. While we are down there we are going to go on a cruise for the day and spend time exploring on Duval Street. I am most looking forward to escaping the cold winter weather, lying by the pool and going snorkeling for the first time!" -Kelly Taikina


"I'm headed home for Spring break to work as a nanny for the week. I'm very excited to spend some time with my family and enjoy the (slightly) warmer weather but I can say without a doubt that I am most looking forward to Dunkin Donuts iced coffee!" -Maggie Jones
Taylor and Banner are ready
to return to warmer weather



"This year I am going to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I've never been anywhere tropical so I'm super stoked to be spending spring break there. I'm going with four other girls and I think what I'm looking forward to most is spending time with them and making the most out of our week there! Whether it's deep sea diving or just relaxing on the beach I'm sure well have a grand old time" -Taylor Karmolinski



“Over spring break I am driving to Florida with a few of my hall mates! I can't wait to tan on the beach and spend time with my friends from school. I'm looking forward to a stress free week, as well as the road trip, with it being the farthest I have ever driven!” -Haley Quinn


We hope everyone else has a relaxing and safe spring break as well. Take lots of pictures!

Comments