Summer with Psi!

Summer for Alpha Sigma Tau is anything but ordinary. Sure, we are relaxing and enjoying our time off from school, but Psi is doing so much more. Did you know that over 50 sisters of Psi are employed this summer? Not only that, but over 60 women are participating in a summer internship, taking classes, or traveling. Furthermore, more than 10 of our sisters are spending their entire summers doing volunteer work! Not out of character – our sisters are bettering themselves and the community.


When asked about the highlight of their summers, our sisters had quite a lot to say.

“I spent a lot of time this summer working so I was really grateful to get some time off. I used that time to get together with some sisters and volunteer at the local ASPCA. I loved making a difference with my best friends.” –Jessica G.

“I’m so lucky to have been able to visit a lot of my distant family this summer. I work so hard during the school year that it isn’t always easy to see them. Spending time bonding with them is something I will appreciate for a lifetime.” –Allison L.

“I moved from Richmond to Chicago this summer for an internship. It was really rewarding to put in some hard work and see the good that came out of it. Not to mention how much fun it was to explore a new city!” –Elka F.

“I made some of the best memories this summer while traveling across the states visiting my sorority sisters. It was so awesome to see a ton of new places with the people I hold near and dear to my heart.” –Kat M.



While it seems that our sisters are having the times of their lives, it has become apparent that they cannot wait to be back to school with their best friends.

“After spending three weeks in Seattle doing a work study for dance I was left with only 2 disappointments. Number 1- my dreams of running into Derek Sheppard never became a reality and number 2- after my work study was over I realized that I had 2 more months until I could see my sisters.” –Kirstin R.

“I studied abroad last semester and immediately started my summer break visiting family in Alaska. I didn’t truly realize until I spent so much time away from my best friends how much I valued not just our experiences together, but everything about each of them. I truly saw how lucky I am to have friendships that make me miss being at school, and I miss getting to be around ASTs all of the time.” –Emma B.

“JMU has always been my home. Since joining AST, it’s also become a home that I get to share with 200 of my sisters! It makes coming back after a long summer break so exciting!” –Sarah H.




Check out some of our awesome summer adventures on our Tumblr – you won’t be disappointed!


Comments