Alpha Sigma Travels

One of the great things about our sisterhood is that the women of Psi are not afraid to get out there and learn! Some of our sisters were lucky enough to study abroad and tell us all about their adventures.
SOUTH AFRICA
Sarah Voigt, Junior
Right after school ended, I went to South Africa to study abroad for three weeks. My program was focused on public health and learning about the HIV/AIDS epidemic in South Africa, along with other current issues. We spent 2 weeks in the beautiful city of Cape Town before heading to the northern part of SA for more academic experiences and a safari. I learned a lot about a culture that is vastly different from our own and I wouldn't trade my experiences for anything. Plus, diving with Great White sharks and seeing penguins and lions in the wild wasn't bad either!


 GERMANY
Christina Whitney, Junior
Christina participated in the Business in Belgium study abroad program, and it looks like she had an amazing time! She also spent time exploring other European countries including Italy, France, and Prague!


Meredith Young, Senior
Meredith also explored Europe while taking business classes. She spent time in Germany, the Netherlands, France, and other beautiful countries.

ITALY
Becca Malzahn, Senior and Izzy Ciano, Junior
Last fall I received incredible news that I was going to be studying abroad in Urbino, Italy this summer. What made the news even better was discovering that my AST sister Izzy was coming too. Being able to travel abroad for my first time – especially throughout the beautiful land of Italy – was a life changing experience. I’m so lucky Izzy was by my side through it all – Tuesday karaoke nights, eating our weight in pizza and gelato, getting lost on the Venetian streets, and climbing to incredible views in Florence. Thanks for always making me feel at home when we were a million miles away from it, Izzy! Cin Cin (cheers) to reuniting at JMU so soon!



 SCOTLAND
Katie Dombrowski, Sophomore
Katie explored Scotland with other rising sophomores in a General Education program. She was given the opportunity to complete 12 credits that included 4 of the 5 general education clusters! Katie also got to explore London and Ireland!


IRELAND
Ally Carroll, Junior
Ally participated in an Elementary Education practicum program in Northern Ireland right after the end of spring semester!


Carter Blevins, Junior
I was given the amazing opportunity to study abroad in Ireland with 10 other JMU students from June 26th to July 10th. We stayed in Western Ireland at an education center where we took many adventures that included hiking, kayaking, jumping off waterfalls, and visiting the Cliffs of Moher. I was studying Earth and Environmental science, and I could not imagine studying any other subject in Ireland. All of the places we explored were beyond beautiful and we always knew how to still have fun if we got caught in the rain! I cannot wait to come back to school and tell all my sisters about the amazing experience I had and convince them to find a study abroad program that they will love. Hopefully after we all graduate, we can explore Europe together!


Comments

  1. Excellent share, this is a really quality post. In underlying objects theory I’d like to write like this too. 123essay.org

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment