Not Four Years, For Life.


Graduating Senior, Anna Sexton Grove shares some thoughts as she reflects on her time at JMU.

As a senior in Alpha Sigma Tau, the past four years have been a whirlwind of some of the best experiences I could have had at James Madison University. It took a lot out of me to consider rushing due to my attachments to home, but I knew I needed to expand my horizons if I wanted to get the most out of college. Finding AST was the biggest surprise to me. I couldn’t imagine fitting in with a small group of women, never mind a whole 200 of them. I immediately felt that none of them were the typical sorority girl, and that they all had something different to offer me. As each year has passed, I have become more outgoing, found my best friends, and had more fun than I thought possible. Being a senior has put this in perspective for me, as it so hard to picture my life after graduation without this support system. I know that many of the connections I formed will be life long, but to think I won’t be a couple minutes down the road from any number of these sisters is absolutely terrifying. Being a senior means appreciating every night out, every family dinner, or any sisterhood event because you know this era is coming to an end. I still remember being a freshman and thinking how lucky I was to have four more years of these experiences. With time, my relationship to this chapter only approved. I’m sure in another four years I’ll still be looking back at my time at JMU and thinking it wouldn’t have been the same without AST and every sister. Here’s to being a sorority senior and making every second count.


Comments

Post a Comment