Q+A with Mr. Fraternity 2012 Vince Zampelli


Oh yes, we all remember Mr. Fraternity Pageant 2012 winner, Vince, as the contestant that made the swimsuit round epic ;) Last year, the sold-out event raised $3,000 for Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Let’s hear what Vince had to say about his experience!

Mr. Fraternity 2012 Vince Zampelli with
  AST Philanthropy Chair 2012 Rachel Degraba

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself? Major? Year? Hobbies? 
“Senior, ISAT and Business Major. Summer analyst at an investment bank in NYC over summer. Hobbies include fitness and health, sports, business/stock markets, and cooking.”

What made you want to be a part of Mr. Fraternity last year? 
“I entered the Mr. Fraternity competition last year because it was for a good cause and I wanted to win and knew I could win.”

What was your favorite round of the contest?
“The swimsuit competition was indeed my favorite round of the contest. Why? Because it was exciting to perform such an act in front of the packed audience and I knew they were not expecting me to rip off my swimsuit leading to a speedo.”

Vince performing!
Can you explain how you went above and beyond? 
“I felt that I was prepared and conditioned to win the event. For example, the swimsuit routine was planned out: I used my own music and had a set routine and act I was going to perform.”


What do you think gave you the extra edge to win? 
“To earn my victory I felt I went above and beyond to engage the crowd, practiced my talent and swimsuit routine, and was fully prepared to win that night.”

How did you feel after you won? 
“I felt great after I won, I expected to win and wanted to bring home the title to myself and help put Delta Sigma Phi on the map.”

What advice would you give to this year's contestants?
“My advice would be to leave nothing behind and go out and do something that makes you uncomfortable on the stage. Don't be conservative.”


If you weren’t there last year, you definitely don’t want to miss out this year! AST’s Mr. Fraternity Pageant 2013 will be this Sunday February 17th, at 3pm at Grafton-Stovall Theater. $3 wearing letters, $5 without letters. This year’s Greek God theme is sure to drop some jaws as contestants strut around in their toga attire for the special toga wear round! Remember, no matter the letters, Greek Gods do it better! Get there early, cause it’s sure to sell out again ;) Don't forget: the chapter with the biggest attendance gets 10% of proceeds to donate to their philanthropy. Come support a great cause!


Special thanks to: 
-Aspen Heights for sponsoring Mr. Fraternity 2013

-Sister Jenny Schmit for interviewing Vince
-Sister Kendra Scott for providing pictures from last year's pageant

Comments

  1. Last year's show was so much fun to watch! I can't wait to see the talent this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait for this years Mr. Fraternity! I am beyond excited to see this awesome event happening again and even more excited to be involved in the whole event as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait for Mr. Fraternity this Sunday! I am so excited to see how these men represent the wonderful fraternities here at JMU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vince, as well as all the other contestants, was absolutely phenomenal last year! I'm so sad to be missing this year's pageant because I look forward to it so much each year, but I know I will get great photos and stories from everyone! I hope this year's turn out is as great as last's!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was such a fun event to plan and coordinate last year! I can't wait for our new philanthropy chair to have her time to shine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mr. Fraternity is such a great way to raise money for a great cause and get all greek life involved! The event was so entertaining and I can't wait to go next year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment