Senior Shout Outs part 2!!

Dear seniors, 
at the end of each month, we would like to take a moment to recognize all that you've done for the sorority. We hope that reading your shout out will brighten your day! We are reluctant to let you go, but we know that you'll be just fine in the real world ;)
Thank you for all the time you put into our chapter, and best of luck! 


Caity McLaughlin (Alpha Nu)

Caity <33
Caity is one funny sister. She always has something witty to share that always makes us LOL. During her time in AST, Caity served as Social of Philanthropy 2012 and dubbed it “Soccer Mom chair.” She even transitioned the next Soccer Mom with orange slices! In her last semester, she has been extremely involved in AST by being Co-Head of Hands 2013 for Greek Sing, and an MC for Mr. Fraternity 2013. Caity’s two cents are worth a thousand laughs and will definitely be missed.

"Caity is one of the most devoted and driven people anyone could ever meet. She is motivated to make everyone's lives around her better and is the true embodiment of a sister. She will be missed more than she knows and she will have always made a lasting impact on me and the chapter" said sister Laura Green.
"Caity is one of the funniest people I have ever met! Every time I see her I am hysterically laughing about something she said. Caity always brightens my day, even at hands hah. She inspires me because she is always in a good mood and manages to keep up with her school work and sorority obligations without seeming stressed. Caity is a perfect example of the AST values and a true sister" said Alyssa Gard.

Katie Alberter (Alpha Nu)

Katie <33
Bow loving Katie is a ray of sunshine in our lives. Katie ALWAYS has a positive attitude, and cheers people up! She served as Music Chair 2011 and taught us the awesome "I love AST" chant for recruitment 2011! This past year she served as Fundraising Chair 2012, which was the perfect position for her (we aallllll know Katie <3's Moxie's ;) ). She not only made us some awesome T-shirts and AST apparel, but she also gave us everlASTing memories that we'll always cherish. You rock Katie!   

"Katie is one of the most real girls Ive met at JMU. She’s so caring and fun, just always going out of her way to help others. That’s why I got so lucky to have her as my big. She taught me that laughter is the best remedy. I know we will keep in touch. I’ll just be waiting by my phone to get a call about her next crazy story. I LOVE YOU BIGGY!” said Michelle Franks.
"Katie is one of the nicest people I know and I'm so proud to call her my gbig. Whenever you're with her she always has a smile on her face and is laughing. She cares so much about my family and the chapter. I'm going to miss her at our weekly family dinners every Tuesday. I know she is going to be awesome at the hospitality field!" said Kathleen Reilly.

  Mandy Mazurkevich (Alpha Mu)

Mandy <33
To say Mandy can make you LOL is an understatement. It is really more like Mandy can make you ROFL (roll on the floor laughing). She is a hilarious person to be around, even when trying to be serious ;) She does not let her super hard major, COB, get her down. She managed to get through it with flying colors, making her the definition of beauty and brains! Mandy, we’ll miss your funny stories, but we can’t wait to see what you will accomplish next!

"Mandy always brings humor into any situation even when its unintended. She never fails to make us laugh and have a good time. Her excellence in school also makes her a good role model for younger sisters because she knows how to have fun while also having her priorities in check and reminding all of us why we are at school. We will miss her so much when she graduates but also we all wish her the best of lcuk in whatever she pursues in life! We love you Mandy!" said Megha Pandit.
"Mandy has an amazing personality and a great sense of style to go with it!” said Leela Rickleman.

Sydney Talbot (Alpha Mu)

Sydney <33
Sydney is made of sugar, spice and everything nice. Always with a smile on her face and something sweet to say, there could not have been anyone better to be in charge of Recruitment 2012. Sydney served as Assistant Recruitment in 2011, which helped her prepare for all the behind the scenes stuff that goes on during recruitment. Her contagious bubbly personality ensured that things ran as smoothly as possible during those late nights of recruitment! Sydney’s bright smile warms our hearts, and we’re sure she’ll be successful in anything she pursues!
“Sydney is a very sweet person and will be dearly missed once she graduates!” said Laura Knopp.
"Having Sydney as my gbig has been amazing! She is constantly bubbly and all smiles! She always gives me something to be thankful for. Words cannot describe how much I will miss Sydney!" said Katie Allison.

Danielle Rallo (Alpha Mu)

Danielle <33
Posh spice Danielle is one of our favorite Long Islanders. This IDLS major aspires to be a pre-school teacher, and will be able to become one oh so soon! She did an amazing job as Assistant New Member Educator to the Alpha Omicrons in 2012, and we all knew this was the position that fit Danielle to a T! ;) Although known for her sassy tough girl attitude, we all know Danielle can be a softy sometimes <33 This girl tells it like it is, and we love her for it; so glad you will be doing grad school right here at JMU, and best of luck with it next year! You will be the best pre-school teacher, no doubt about it.
"Starting my first night in AST, Danielle has always supported me. I don't think I could have made it through without her humor and our shared love of cheesy movies (Christmas in Boston, anyone?)! She was a great assistant pledge mom and I can't wait to see her as a teacher!!" said Meghan Farrell. 
"Danielle is one of the most caring, genuine people I know and I'm so glad that not only she started out my new member process but is my ggbig!"said Allie Schray.

Kelly Dean (Alpha Mu)

Kelly <33
Fourth year Kelly, loves her some Giants. This football loving Long Islander is never afraid to voice her opinion and give constructive criticism when necessary! She is also always really friendly towards all her sisters, and is always there when you need her :) Kelly makes sure things get done, and is definitely a role model to everyone in our chapter. This International Affairs major is going to take the world by storm, no doubt about it! Good luck Kelly!
“Kelly was so welcoming when I became part of the fireball family. She’s so easy to talk to and always down to hangout. I really look up to her in our chapter and I wish I could’ve had more time to get to know her before she leaves! I’ll really miss having my ggbig around, love ya Kelly!” said Victoria Riss.
"My first impression of Kelly Dean when I first met her was that she was a very sweet and fun person, but if you get on her bad side, the New Yorker comes out, lol, which makes her the best friend anyone could ask for! Kelly and I are literally attached at the hip. We constantly joke about separation anxiety when we have to leave each other, little does she know...haha. Kelly has been a big part in making my return to JMU such a great experience so far. It's scary sometimes thinking about next year and not having her around all the time. She's always there for me when I'm having a bad day, and always there to laugh with me when I do something stupid. We've become so close we can finish each other's sentences! I know that Kelly will be a big part of my life after graduating because I'm introducing her to my parents ;) She's a great example of Active, Self-reliant and Trustworthy, but most of all she's an excellent example of a sister <33" said Connie He.



Comments

  1. I love all of these girls and it is so sad to think of them not being here next year! I wish that I had more time to get to know them better because I already love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such accurate shout outs about our amazing seniors! I can't imagine our chapter without them. I'll miss them so much next semester, but I know that these women will go on to do incredible things! Tau love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sisters are such great examples of what an AST should be! They will be so missed next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every single one of these girls has had an impact on my life and I remember the first time I met all of them! They all continue to be genuine and straightforward, they make me feel like a bigger part of AST than they even know I'm sure. I am so blessed to have gotten to know them at least a little bit before they graduate and move on their way to changing the world! They all have it in them and I can't wait to see what big things they bring next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to miss all the seniors so much! These girls are awesome and a great representation of AST!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These girls are my inspiration, they are a great example of a true sister. They have shown me how to act the right way and dress great. I love these girls, im going to be so upset when they leave. I am positive they will do great things in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart just melted! I am going to miss you all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although it's sad to think about these amazing girls not being here next year we know they will all be doing great things in the future! Next year won't be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These girls have had such a great impact on our chapter and we all know they're going to make us proud once they join the real world. I hope they come back to visit next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't believe we are already posting another senior shout out! It's so weird to think that these genuine sisters will be moving on to even bigger accomplishments in just a few months. They will be missed within this chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so inspired by these girls! They will all be missed so much and will go on to accomplish amazing things :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all of you! It makes me tear up knowing we will be graduating soon. I will miss all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's hard to believe that these girls, some of which are in my pledge class, will be graduating so soon, we will all miss you terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe were graduating soon! Love all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These girls will be truly missed so much! There's no doubt they'll go on to do amazing things in their future. Great women and even better sisters <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. Omg I just started crying. Love y'all so much can't believe we're graduating so soon ): we're gonna do big things though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These girls are so sweet! It will be tough to see them go at the end of this semester, but I think the real world deserves to see how wonderful AST's sisters are!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All these girls are such amazing representatives of what AST is all about. I am sad to see them go but we all know that they will continue to be such wonderful women in whatever they aspire to do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. aww I'm gonna miss these seniors so much! I don't even want to think about them leaving yet, but I know they're all gonna do great things after they graduate :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have so much respect for all of these girls and think they are all wonderful role models! I can’t wait to work with Caity in hands, I loved Katie Alberter’s T-shirt deigns, Mandy is hilarious, and Sydney is beautiful inside and out! Danielle was the perfect assistant pledge mom and Kelly Dean is my favorite ggbig!!!!! I wish all these girls the best next year. Tau love, Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love seeing our senior sisters on the blog! Sad to see such wonderful women go, but can't wait to hear about their adventures after college!! Best of luck ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. seriously, you seniors are not allowed to leave! i am so so so proud of all of you, and could not be more happy too call you all my sisters. i will miss everyone so much next year, especially my frog kelly :(

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment