Senior Shout Outs part 3!

Dear seniors,
at the end of each month, we would like to take a moment to recognize all that you've done for the sorority. We hope that reading your shout out will brighten your day! We are reluctant to let you go, but we know that you'll be just fine in the real world ;)
Thank you for all the time you put into our chapter, and best of luck!

Gabby Petrie (Alpha Mu)

Gabby <3
Gabby is a great role model to all of her AST sisters. She always has the chapter’s best interest in mind. She served as Risk Manager 2012 and as a Rho Gamma in 2011. Gabby also showed us her crafty side as Head of Greek Sing Props for 2 years. After all she’s done for our chapter, it’s clear that she’s leaving behind big shoes to fill...well, figuratively anyways ;)

“Gabby is a beautiful person on the inside and out! Her passion and devotion to our chapter inspires me everyday. Our family is going to miss her so much! I really wish I could of had more time with her before she had to leave, but I know she is going to go off and do amazing things! I love and will miss you tons ggbig! <3” --Rachel Shuey

“Gabby is always there to offer a joke and has been one of my biggest cheerleaders. I am so lucky to have grown so close with her and she will truly be missed. We have promised to not use the dreaded "G" word but I know she will be successful in everything she does in the future”--Courtney Sewell

Colleen Hamman (Alpha Mu)

Colleen <3
Colleen is a true JMU sports fan. She loves going to the games, watching the games, cheering on the athletes, and dating athletes...;) But really, in all seriousness, there’s no one better to better suited to become an athletic trainer than Colleen with her heart of gold, and caring personality. We’re so excited to be HER cheerleaders and watch her accomplish amazing things in the future! 

“She's one the most caring people I've met in AST, and I'm happy to call her my big. She has always been there for me with advice and comforting words for whatever I am going through. Colleen is such a happy person and always sees the good in people. I love her loads and her puppy Brody too, I don't know what I would do without them”--Katie Gettle

"Colleen is an amazing GBIG. She always makes me laugh and always has something sarcastic up her sleeve. I'm so happy to have her in my family. Thank you for all you've done for this sorority over the past 4 years, you will truly be missed by everyone and especially your Blue Eyed/Fireball Family!"--Kayleigh Cheripka


KP (Alpha Nu)

Ms. Most Likely to Brighten Your Day Kathryn is an amazing sister. She is one of the most genuine, caring and sincere people you’ll ever meet; she’s the perfect person to be a teacher! Kathryn LOOVES exec, and served as Recording Secretary 2011, and New Member Educator 2012. True to her love of being involved, Kathryn will serve as a Rho Gamma in the fall during her 5th year. We're positive her PNMs will love her just as much as we do. Her dedication to this chapter is so inspirational it brings tears to our eyes, and definitely hers too. ;)
   
“Kathryn has been invaluable to this chapter. In the positions she's held her sparkling personality has helped AST shine and grow into the awesome chapter it is now. Her contagious laugh can always help brighten anyone's day! Additionally, she has been a fantastic big to me and my twin! She is always there to offer advice and encouragement. Kathryn will be so missed! Luckily she will be here next year to get her Master's in Education, so I don't have to completely say goodbye quite yet!”--Sara Coit

“I love how sentimental Kathryn is. She gets teary eyed talking about her time in the sorority and even cried at our initiation! It just shows how much she loves AST :) “ --Kelsey Olynch

Bridgette McNamara (Alpha Mu)


Bridgette <3
This senior from the 757 has an amazing sense of style. Bridgette and cute clothes are basically synonyms! This fashionista is a Biology major and an EMT at the Harrisonburg Rescue Squad. Saving lives left and right, while looking stylish...now that’s impressive! Bridgette’s friendliness and chill personality makes her a wonderful sister and role model, and we’re sure she will accomplish amazing thing in her future!


“Bridgette is great! She would always give me rides home my freshman year since I didn't have a car and that really helped me out. I'm really glad I got to go on spring break with her this year too and I'm going to miss her a lot when she graduates. AST won't be the same without her!”--Sarah Callaway

“Bridgette is a very fun and easy-going person. Every time I see her she has a huge smile on her face. I am so lucky to be able to call her my G-Big the past two years! I will miss her like crazy next year.”--Lauren Chapman


Amy Keiler (Alpha Nu)


Amy <3
We all know this Bio major as the sweet quiet senior, but don’t be fooled.. her  witty comments will literally make you ROFL! Amy never fails to charm us with her sweet demeanor, and she is always there to lend a listening ear to a sister. She is a wonderful to all, and is always looking out for everyone! Amy, you’ll be dearly missed!


Amy Keiler is the salt of the earth...But in all seriousness, she has been a great big and sister for the past two years. She's always more than willing to help anyone out. Whether it's letting me sleep in her bed when I'm stranded or taking embarrassing pictures of and with me. There's never a dull moment with Amy especially since she's always quietly cracking some sarcastic remark. I'm so thankful to have her as my lovely big!!--Leila Miran

“Amy is the best gbig ever! Whenever we're together, she never fails to have a good time and make the most of every situation. I will always remember our Sheetz adventure at 2am! The Shambly Family won't be the same without her!! <3”-- Jennifer Huynh


Meg McHie (Alpha Mu)

Meg <3
Meg is our favorite daddy’s girl. We love her sassy, fierce attitude ;) She is also total sweetheart and is always there to catch a sister when she falls. If you need something, Meg will make sure you’re all set and taken care of. She’s an IDSL major, and plans on being an early elementary school teacher, which matches her personality perfectly :) We love you Meg! Best of luck in grad school!

“Meg is one my best friends. She keeps me going when times get rough and pushes me to be the best person I can be. I don't know what I will do without her when she is gone! Meg has truly showed me what sisterhood should really be like and she has become the sister I never had growing up.” --Lindsay Kinports

“I am so fortunate to have Meg as my big! She is kind-hearted, compassionate, and hilarious.  Her witty and sarcastic comments always bring a smile to my face and can turn even my worst day around.  Meg has such a love for children and I know she is going to make a great teacher.  I am so glad that she will be in graduate school at JMU next year so our weekly family dinners at El Charro's can continue! Love you Meg!” --Rachel Petri


Hayley Matusow (Alpha Mu)

Hayley <3

“Oh Hayley” is something we have all said with a smile on our faces. Hayley’s spunky personality and witty sense of humor makes her an all around great company! There’s no way you’ll get through a conversation with Hayley without having her make you laugh. This Showker princess will take over the business world by storm, and we look forward to watching her do it!


“Hayley is literally the reason why I joined AST, and I will forever be in debt to her for that. In fact, since that fateful day three years ago at the Shapiro beach picnic bench, Hayley had become the one person who has made me feel the most comfortable at JMU. Whether it was making sure I had a place to go for the Jewish holidays, cooking me something when I was sick of Dhall, taking me for a quick Walmart run, or even just calming   me down when things got stressful; she has shown me the definition of sisterhood. Hayley: I am so excited for your graduation, I know you will do fantASTic things with your life and I WILL MISS YOU!!!!” --Elissa Edwards

I really have loved getting to know my ggbig Hayley this year. We bonded after we became family, because we were both business majors. It was really great to have someone older who could help my mini freakouts about not doing well in economics! I love when I run into her in showker it just makes my day a little better. I couldn't have asked for a better ggbig. It is going to be so sad to not have her next year. I am going to miss her so much, but I know she is going to go off and do great things because she is so smart.” --Alley Moore



Comments

  1. MOMMA!!! And all other wonderful ladies, you rock! Thanks so much for all you have contributed and inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are going to miss all the seniors so much next year! Much love to my big, Meg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog was such a great way to say goodbye to some of the seniors. Thanks to these ladies for all they have done for AST! Especially Mama, you put so much hard work into the new member process, and the omis could not have done it without you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I speak on behalf of all the Omicron pledge class I'm sure when I say that it will be nearly impossible to ever say goodbye to KP! She will always be our momma, and I know atleast for me she will always be Mamaaa Kathryn in my contacts in my phone! Her dedication to us can't be put into words and she will be truly missed and attacked with love everytime we get to see her around next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the perfect way to showcase all of the hard work and dedication that our seniors have put into AST, JMU and the community, and it's so sad to see them go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hayley = "Showker princess" haha, love it

    These senior farewells make me so sad but I love seeing these tributes to such wonderful girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love seeing my GGBig and pledge momma on here!! Gonna miss them both so much next year! Can't wait to see what great things Bridgette, Kathryn, and the rest of the seniors go on to do!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI. CRYING. Thank you everyone for your kind words!! This blog is so special to have to look back on. LOVE EVERYONE SOO MUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this post makes me so sad at the end of each month because i don't want the senior to leave!! i'm gonna miss all of you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad I am able to call each one of these girls my sisters! I am sure they will all go on to do amazing and fantASTic things in the future. I sure will miss our MOMMA Kathryn and all the other seniors too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im gonna miss all these girls next year especially my GG!! Im so proud of all they have done

    ReplyDelete
  12. You guys are the sweetest!! Im going to miss all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment