Ghosts of Publicity Chairs Past, Present and Future!


As this is officially my last blog post as Publicity Chair, I was thinking about what my favorite moments in the position was. Throughout my trip down memory lane, I started to wonder, what about the people that came before me? What aspects did they like the most about this position? So, in honor of the holiday season, check out the favorite memories of the Ghosts of Publicity Chairs from the past, present (me), and get a glimpse of the future!

 
                                                      Publicity Past 


Megan!
Megan Kennedy (Publicity 2009):
“I remember helping to put on a male auction/talent show as a fundraising event (early beginnings of Mr. Fraternity), and a capture the flag tournament on the Festival lawn; both of those events were a lot of fun!
Some AST highlights for me was winning hands and/or dance during the greek week competitions one of the years (and I think it was my senior year, which was awesome)! I also really enjoyed living in the house my junior year!"


Courtney
Courtney Walker (Publicity 2011):

“I liked reaching out to sororities during their founder’s day and holidays! It was fun to make cards for them and give them little treats from AST!”




Alexa
 Alexa Johnson (Publicity 2012):

“My favorite part was simply getting to be creative. I loved going to TDU and painting banners and posters. And I am obsessed with Photoshop so of course I  also loved designing all the flyers and logos!”

       



                                            

                                                      Publicity Present


ME!
Luisa Contaifer (Publicity 2013)

I loved being the girl behind all the blog stories from 2013. Managing the blog was definitely my favorite part of being Publicity Chair. It always made my day when I saw how many people viewed the week’s blog post, or when people came up to me to say thank you for highlighting their accomplishments or activities on the blog. It wasn’t always easy to come up with the time and creativity to write an exciting post every week, so I was also super excited to have so many volunteers interested in contributing a story for the blog every now and then! I also loved bringing back Tau Tuesday and seeing all the smiling selfies of my sisters wearing letters on campus blowing up my Twitter feed! YAY #TauTuesdayAST #Imasocialmedianerd


                                                       Publicity Future 


Steph Gross (Director of Public Relations 2014)

Steph!
The future is unknown, but one thing is certain: AST publicity efforts will definitely continue to thrive under Steph Gross. She’s the third consecutive SMAD major to get the job, and we’re excited to see her skills in action! With the new officer structure, Publicity Chair is now called Director of Public Relations. I have no doubts that Steph will set a great precedent for all the future Directors of PR, and that she will take Publicity 2014 to a whole new level! Best of luck Steph, and remember, as you become the present, the past will always be there to help you should you need it ;)







2013 has been great everyone! It was a great honor to write about all the wonderful things we do as an organization and individually! Thank you so much for all the support this year!!

TLAM,


Luisa

Comments

  1. You did an awesome job in your position!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luisa you did an awesome job and I can't wait to see what Steph is going to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without this position being so successful, AST would not have the positive growing presence it does on JMU's campus. Luisa, amazing job! I love reading the blog each week and commenting.You have definitely transformed this position over the past year and were a large asset on the exec board. Best of luck to Steph! Can't wait to see what you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. um holy crap, 3 people from my amazing fam in the same position! WAHOOO disASTers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment