Meet Alumna Cayte Merryman Brown

It's been an exciting week for the Psi Chapter at JMU! We had our first chapter meeting of the semester, we proudly watched our sister Meghan Farrell win FSL's Excellence Award for Outstanding Executive Member, and we had one dedicated alumna volunteer to contribute every other Thursday to our blog to share her experiences from AST! Here's Cayte's first post to start off :)

Happy Tau Tuesday sisters! My name is Cayte Merryman Brown and  for those of you who don't know me, let me start by introducing myself.


I'm Cayte Merryman Brown, initiated to the Psi chapter in Fall of 2008 with the Alpha Lambda's.  When I was approached to write a few guest blog posts for the Psi chapters blog, I said yes without hesitation.

I am from Norfolk, Virginia where I currently live with my husband, D.J. and [almost] one year old yellow lab Stryker.  How did we meet? Well fate stepped in when I was a FROG in 2010 and ended up being assigned to Ikenberry.  Would you guess that D.J. lived in Ikenberry?? Well- he did. And I was the first person he met at JMU.  D.J. left JMU the same year I graduated to play baseball professionally with the Cleveland Indians. 

D.J. travels a good amount for baseball, so we decided that it would be best for me to stay in Norfolk at a steady job.  I do Alumni Relations for Norfolk Collegiate, which just so happens to be my alma mater.  Hopefully one day we will be able to live together during the season, but for now this is how we make it work. I am currently on a blogging kick and have been sharing our story over at Blog with the Browns so feel free to check it out!

I figured that for my first guest blog post for AST at JMU, I want you to know a little more about me.

I have the best sorority family one could have.  When I joined as a freshman, we were the "Blue Eye Family".  The newest member always was a freshman with blue eyes.  Then I decided to be a dare devil and change everything up.  I took twins- that didn't have blue eyes! Here's a little background on my "family" history.
Jenn Gardner, Bayley Lesperance, Kendall Meyer Richards, Cayte Merryman Brown 2008

The night they found out they were my littles! 2009


Then we added another bunch to the family! 2010
Then we doubled in size in 2011!!!
My wedding in 2013
Jenn Gardner- Alpha Theta
Bailey Lesperance- Alpha Iota
Kendall Meyer Richards- Alpha Kappa
me- Alpha Lambda
Kelly Dean and Colleen Hamman- Alpha Mu
Jenny Schmidt, Katie Gettle - Alpha Nu
Sam Mermer, Gabby Gilmartan, Alyssa Ogrysko, and Kayleigh Cheripka- Alpha Omicron



There ya have it sisters, a little history about me! Check back in two weeks to hear about the different Executive positions I held during my time as an active member!

Tau Love and All of Mine,

Cayte 

Comments

  1. yayy cayte! come back and visit soon....you've got new GGGG (??) littes to meet! so proud to be a part of your fam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you everyone :) So excited to be writing for Psi and sharing my experiences with you all! I am so proud of my family and glad that the legacy of great women continues!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment