#GoGreekJMU14

Why did you decide to go Greek?



With recruitment just two days away, what better time to hear from some of our sisters about why they decided to go Greek and how it's changed their lives! 


Kelsey with recruitment chair Estelle

"I decided to go Greek because as a transfer the 
only people I knew at JMU were my high school friends and I wanted to branch out and meet new people! It's changed my life because every girl in this sorority has touched my life in some way and I really feel like I've found the girls that will be in my life forever.

My advice would be to just be yourself and come into recruitment with an open mind!!" 

-Kelsey Koons






 
Casey with house girls Katie, Becca, and Sarah


"I went Greek because I'm so far from my home town and family in connecticut so I wanted to find a home away from home by joining a sorority. 

It's changed my life by allowing me to meet so many new people who were so much like me and that I got along with so well right from the beginning. And I have learned so much about other girls' lives and now they are my best friends that I will always keep in contact with, even after I graduate. 

I always encourage girls to go into rush with an open mind and just be yourself and let the girls really get to know you so you can find the sorority that is right for you."

-Casey Smith


Katie next to sisters Shelby, Katie and Sarah

"To be honest, I wasn't exactly sure what Greek life was when I came to JMU. A girl in my hall encouraged me to try it and it has been one of the best decisions of my life! My sisters have always encouraged me to be the best me I can be and they push me to chase my dreams. Greek life has made me more confident and has shaped me into a leader.

To all of the lovely ladies going through recruitment: Enjoy yourself! Although it may be intimidating at times, recruitment is an amazing experience! Be open and willing to try new things and you may find something special in the end. I know I did!"

-Katie Allison


Sydney with her big Jen
"I decided to go Greek because it seemed like a great way to meet new people and find my little niche at JMU. It's always tough to meet new people right off the bat and find a group you click with, so I thought this would be a great way to do that. And I think it's helped me become more of a leader and helped me develop close friendships and understand what being a true friend is. It's definitely given me so many opportunities I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I got an internship on Capitol Hill by reaching out to Jamie Jones Miller. 

I would say for girls going through recruitment just be yourself and don't be nervous and keep an open mind and you'll find your home within the Greek system!"

-Sydney Meyer



"I went Greek because I wanted find my niche at JMU.  I wanted to find my real home away from home.

Greek life has helped become a better person.  So many inspiring women in AST surround me everyday.  I have sisters supporting me to get more involved in the community, to work to my fullest potential academically, and to be the all around best person I can be.


The biggest advice I can give to PNM’s is to be yourself 100%.  It’s true what they say, “you end up where you belong.”  I couldn’t imagine being anywhere else but AST." 

-Amanda Pace


The sisters of Alpha Sigma Tau wish all the ladies going through recruitment good luck on Thursday! You've already made a great decision to Go Greek!

Comments