Living in the AST House

Janie Jacobs, a sophomore and member of the Alpha Pi pledge class, lives in the AST sorority house on campus. She loves living there so much that she has given us an inside look at life in the house.


Getting a bid from AST my freshman year was one of my most exciting memories, and spending all of last year getting to know my sisters and forming amazing friendships with them made me think that my college experience couldn’t get any better. It did get better, and this happened when I moved into the AST house this year. Living in the house has made my sorority experience come full circle as I get to experience the joy and fun of spending so much time with my sisters.

Living in the house has so many perks that I did not realize until I moved in. It is tons of fun to be able to live with sisters, and being with them on a regular basis has made all of us so much closer, and has allowed us to form new friendships with girls that we may not have had known well prior to living together. Since the house is the main location for the chapter, it is really nice and convenient to see sisters who don’t live in the house as they come visit to say hi or hang out with house girls. It is also so fun to be able to live with so many of your friends, while being located on campus at the same time. This makes it super easy to get to classes, and you always have sisters you can spend time with outside of class.

One of my favorite places to spend time in the house is in the basement. It’s a really nice space to spend time and hang out with friends because of the comfortable couches and chairs, and the occasional movie nights in the basement are always so much fun. It is also a fairly quiet place to study and get work done in during the day and sometimes at night, and there are a lot of fun sisterhood events and programs that take place in the basement, which makes it easier to be more involved in the sorority.

2014-2015 House Girls
I decided to ask a few of the house girls to share their favorite things about living in the house this year:

“I love being able to live with all of my friends and having everything on campus so close to me”- Emily Trenning

“The vending machine”- Jess Condon

“Having 20 closets and being able to wake up 5 minutes before class and make it on time”- Erin Baldwin

“Always having friends to spend time with and study with, and being able to be more involved with the sorority” –Katie Spinelli

Overall, living in the house has been an amazing experience for so many reasons, and being able to spend so much time with sisters while forming lasting friendships with them has truly shaped my AST experience thus far into a great one. I look forward to coming back to the house every day after my classes to spend time with my friends, and when I think about my favorite things about AST, I know living in the house will always be one of my best memories.

Thanks Janie for sharing your experience!



Comments

  1. I loved living in the house my junior year!! everything from mattress sledding, movie nights in the basement, a revolving closet of outfits to choose from, and the ability to get to showker hall in 5 minutes!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment