Graduating Seniors

The school year is quickly coming to a close and that means that we have to unfortunately say goodbye to our seniors. These women have helped build our organization to what it is today and have provided our sisters with endless support and memories. We are so sad to see all of them go, but we know that they will all go on to do incredible things. Here are some of our sisters that are in the graduating class of 2015!

Kara Camuso

Major and Minor: Sports and Recreation Management Major with a Communication Studies Minor
Pledge Class: Alpha Omicron
Favorite AST Memories: the first night being welcomed by all the sisters of AST and then we went back to the house and I met 2 girls who are now my best friends and being assistant new member educator
What you'll miss most about JMU: the meal plan (can't get enough of those buffalo bites) 







Meghan Farrell
Major/ Minor: Nursing / Chronic Illness
Pledge Class: Alpha Xi
Favorite AST memories: My favorite AST memories will be from living in the house and all the semi-formals/formals I went to! 
What you'll miss most about JMU: I will miss how friendly everyone is on campus because I know the real world won't be as kind! 
Maggie JonesMajor/ Minor: History / Secondary Education, ISS
Pledge Class: Alpha Xi
Favorite AST memories: planning big little week surprises for my little, living in the house
What you'll miss most about JMU: being within walking distance of my best friends (and top dog)

Jackie Schottler
Major/ Minor: Public Policy & Administration / Environmental Studies & Political Science
Pledge Class: Alpha Omicrons 
Favorite AST memories: My favorite memory throughout my three years of AST, ​is Hallow/Homecoming weekend, being reunited with the alums and ​reliving the glory days with everyone. 
What you'll miss most about JMU: Jack Browns & Reading by Burruss Fountain  

Sarah Richin
Major/ Minor: Social Work / Exceptional Education
Pledge Class: Alpha Xi
Favorite AST memories: Being Pledge Mom to amazing new members and being in Greek sing my senior year, Passdowns, Living in the house my senior year
What you'll miss most about JMU: I'll miss always having friends close by at all times (and a million closets to share)  

Sarah Callaway
Majors: Media Arts and Design (journalism concentration) & Political Science
Pledge Class: Alpha Xi
Favorite AST Memories: During my sophomore year spring break, a huge group of us went to Panama City, FL for a week. It was definitely one of the best trips I've ever been on and the people I went with made it even better.
What you'll miss most about JMU: I'll miss not being able to see the close friends I've made here on a regular basis!



Allie Herland
Major: Accounting
Pledge Class: Alpha Xi
Favorite AST Memory: Toga party freshman year
What I’ll miss most about JMU: Sitting on the quad on a nice day

Banner Gray
Major/ Minor: Business Management/ Human Resource Development
Pledge Class: Alpha Xi
Favorite AST memories: are being on exec, going to Punta Cana this past spring break with sisters
What you'll miss most about JMU: I'll miss the campus food a lot, living with 4 sisters who are now my best friends, and the overall happiness that JMU brings me every day!

Allie Shoaf
Major/ Minor: IDLS/ Elementary Education 
Pledge Class: Alpha Xi 
Favorite AST memories: Sleepovers in the basement, living in forest, finding my precious soulmate of a little, meeting my bestfirends for life.
What you'll miss most about JMU: the supportive atmosphere, everyone is always there to help one another 

Karah Fissel
Major: Double in Political Science & International Affairs
Pledge Class: Alpha Omicron
Favorite AST memory: #ASTATL & being on Exec!
What I'll miss most about JMU: not being judged for wearing sorority apparel every day, ehall, & doors being held open even if you're 100 yds away

Allison Walker
Major/ Minor: Psychology / Criminal Justice
Pledge class: Alpha Omicron
Favorite AST memory: crying uncontrollably at formal my junior year with my little and my big in the middle of the vineyard because we were sad my big was leaving and now looking back and laughing at ourselves.
What I'll miss most about JMU: my little, Rachel, and my glittle, Lauren.... and having an excuse to eat extremely unhealthy almost every day of the week because it meant I got to spend time with my fam! 

Valerie Kopyta
Major/ Minor: Communication Sciences & Disorders, Minor - Special Education
Pledge Class: Alpha Omicron
Favorite AST memories: Getting my little and Glittle!
What I'll Miss Most About JMU: Walking around campus and always seeing someone I know!

Sydney Meyer
Major: Political Science
Pledge Class: Alpha Xi 
Favorite AST Memory: Getting my big Jen as a freshmen because we're pretty much the same person and I was so excited to find out that she was my big. I've always had such a good time with her so I'm so grateful that I got to have her as my big and will have such a good friend for the rest of my life. And Passdowns freshman year. It was so exciting as a freshman and my best friend Maggie and I got best friend weapons from our pledge mom/assistant pledge mom. It was just so cool to see all the stuff that's been in people's families for years and to see the history of AST. 
What you'll miss most about JMU: I think I'm going to miss the atmosphere of JMU the most and just constantly being surrounded by all your sisters, friends and some of the nicest people I've ever met. I feel like everyone at jmu just has a special bond just because we're all dukes and love our school so much so we do little things like hold the door for everyone. I'm just truly going to miss being at the happiest place on earth every day. 

Comments