Presidential Highlight

The Psi chapter is full of incredible women. Our sisters are driven and inspiring leaders. One sister in particular, Olivia DeFilippo, has shown her amazing leadership skills as President of Psi. Now is your chance to learn a little more about her!




Hometown: Reading, MA
Year: Senior
Major: Nursing

Place on campus you spend the most of your time: Definitely Burrus because that is where all of my classes are however, Starbucks & ECL are a close second!

What do you like to do in your spare time: I have a blog, Style by Liv, that I spend most of my free time on. I started Style by Liv one year ago as a way to express myself and carry out my passion of inspiring others. I take pictures of absolutely everything and have been told by so many people that my style is so unique because I don’t follow trends or dress in a way that other people expect or want me to. I always dress in whatever makes me happy at the moment. I realized that not many people were using clothes to give themselves confidence and in fact were doing the exact opposite, wearing less clothes to gain more confidence. I created Style by Liv to help inspire others to see clothes in a new light and to provide them with the motivational tools they need to live their everyday life. My overall mission with Style by Liv is to help others live and dress better.

Check out Olivia's fashion blog here! Style By Liv

Fun Fact: I am obsessed with Buddah.



Plans for the future: I am still trying to figure this one out as I go. I would love to one day become a psychiatric nurse practitioner but I also really loved being in the nursery so I could see myself in either places!

Best piece of advice you’ve ever been given: You can do anything you put your mind to. Too often we box ourselves in by letting fear guide us when we should be letting our hopes and dreams guide us instead! You are capable of achieving your wildest dreams if you just put a little effort in.

How do you manage your time as president, nursing student, blogger, and friend: Time management can become difficult so I try to stay balanced by switching my focus each day. One day I will devote my focus to school and other to friends. When you feel overwhelmed the best thing to do is create a to-do list with absolutely everything and wake up early to tackle it. Often I find myself working from 8am-midnight so I try to break it up by doing some of the things I love: call my boyfriend, take an ice cream break or watch an episode of Gossip Girl during dinner. If you are committed you will make it happen, I promise.

What has been your favorite memory as president: Every single moment of my presidency thus far has been my favorite. In this journey I have been challenged more than I ever imaged and came out stronger than I ever thought I could. Each interaction
with my sisters reminds me of why I am in this position. My sisters are the most courageous, ambitious, thoughtful and vivacious group of women I have ever met and I am so thankful for each interaction I have with them.

Favorite part about Alpha Sigma Tau: My favorite part of Alpha Sigma Tau has been the many different opportunities that I would not have access to otherwise. I am so thankful for these opportunities because they have brought so many amazing friends and role models into my life.

Your advice for future presidents of Psi: When you first get your position it can seem overwhelming but please remember that it is not your job to accomplish everything. It is however, your job to inspire your officers to want to accomplish everything on their own.
You have two choices:
1) do the work for other people or
2) inspire and support other people to have the confidence in themselves to do the work on their own.
Hint: the second option is so much more rewarding!




Comments

  1. LOVE YOU LADIES! Thanks for the fabulous feature, Alex! You are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment